Subwoofers are now sold out and we have no more Sumiko subwoofers.
The Sumiko cartridges have received many great reviews and offer excellent value.
Sumiko cartridges have received excellent reviews all over the world. They offer high value from $79.00 to $4495.00
New MC Cartridges
The Songbird comes in at a much needed price point perfect for launching the part-time audiophile into some serious listening. As its name suggests, this open-architecture moving coil cartridge excels at providing colorful and rich vocals, and highlights the powerful low and mid-end of funk and rock. The long 7-micron stylus face will handle different cutting angles well, and this cartridge is also great at providing some excitement to otherwise anemic classical system setups.
Our new flagship open-architecture moving coil cartidge uses the same resonance-reducing body design as the Songbird, but introduces a long-grain boron cantilever and a Micro-Ridge stylus. This allows the Starling to render the grandeur of an orchestra while still preserving air and space, and also realize every detail of a nuanced Jazz recording with its responsive dynamics and deep silences. The mechanical silence of the Starling concedes a dynamic linearity across the entire spectrum that allows it to handle even the most demanding passages with effortless poise and convincing drive.
New MM Cartridges
Easily their most ambitious moving magnet cartridge to date, the Amethyst features a nude Line-Contact stylus and an upgraded generator assembly providing ultra-low noise, hair-raising dynamics, and superior tracking. This unique setup benefits from the same physically-generated electromotive forces fundamental to MM designs which accurately recreate the original sound of any recording. The Amethyst is an easy choice when looking for the most performance possible along with the versatility to pair well with nearly any phono stage on the market.
The Olympia brings another level of acoustic refinement to the mix with an upgraded stylus and cantilever assembly, allowing for more dynamic punch and improved frequency response during playback. Due to its improved tracking capabilities, the Olympia is an excellent return on investment when upgrading from the Rainier cartridge, and can even be upgraded to the capable Moonstone stylus further on down the line.
Oyster- Moving magnet with alloy cantilever and spherical stylus, 4.0mv output $79.00
Black Pearl-Moving magnet with alloy cantilever and spherical stylus, 5.0mv output $99.00
Pearl- Moving magnet with alloy cantilever and elliptical stylus, 5.0mv output $119.00
Blue Point #2-
High output moving coil 2.5mv output Alloy Cantilever with Blue Point cut elliptical diamond stylus TAS Editors Choice award winner $449.00
Blue Point Special Evo III- Great reviews on the 2.5mv high output moving coil with elliptical stylus & low resonance open generator deaign $549.00
Blackbird- High output MC dsign with long grain Boron cantilever, synthetic elastomer suspension & open generator design. Great reviews $1249.00
2014 The Absolute Sound Editors Choice
- Cartridge Type: HO MC
- Frequency Response: 10Hz-50Khz
- Output Voltage: 2.5mV
- Channel Separation: 35db
- Channel Balance: 0.5db
- Compliance: 12
- Stylus Size: (not provided)
- Stylus Shape: Low Mass Special Grind
- Load Impedance: 47kΩ
- Tracking Force Range: 1.8-2.2 grams
- Recommended Force: 2.1 grams
- Weight: 9.6 grams
Pearwood Celebration II-Low output MC with Pearwood body, Alnico maget assembly and long grain Boron cantilever $2799.00
Michael Fremer said about the Celebration (Sterophile Feb 2001 Vol 24 No 2)
"The Celebration was a music-lover's cartridge, for those who value harmonic richness over ultra-low-level detail, transparency, and spatial resolution..."
"With its rich harmonic presentation its fine transient response, its robust bass, and its bold imaging it should easily win over many analog lovers.... "
Palo Santos Presentation-This .5MV moving coil has superb reviews in The Absolute Sound & Stereophile $4499.00
Sumiko Palo Santos Presentation Features
- Handmade Palo Santos Brazilian Rosewood cartridge body
- .5mV output via an Alnico magnet assembly
- Long-grain boron cantilever with a line-contact stylus
- Redesigned, far more rigid, machined aluminum cradle houses the generator mechanism
- Milled Teflon billet back plate
- Custom hollow point
- Tapered brass gold plated connecting pins for ease of installation
Sumiko Palo Santos Presentation Technical Data
- Cartridge Type Moving Coil
- Suspension Synthetic Rubber
- Frequency Response 10Hz-40Khz +/- 1.5dB
- Output Voltage/Channel 0.5mV (3.54 cm/sec.,1kHz)
- Channel Separation >30dB @ 1kHz
- Channel Balance <0.5dB @ 1kHz
- Optimum Tracking Force 2.0 grams
- Tracking Force Range 1.8 - 2.2 grams
- Dynamic Compliance 8 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- Internal Impedance 12 ohms
- Load Impedance 100-1k ohms
- Capacitance Range 100 - 300 pf
- Cantilever Long grain Boron
- Stylus Line Contact, ultra low-mass, solid diamond 75µm x 5µm
- Output Terminals Unique gold plated tapered brass pins
- Cartridge Weight 8.3 grams
- Mounting System Standard 0.5” hole spacing, threaded M2.5