N100 is the half-sized model of MELCO music library which has 2TB hard disc drive and 3 x USB2.0 port. The full functioned model in the same size and design as MELCO CD drive "D100". It may be small in size but the performance is big. We feel this is the best sounding under $2500.00-$3000.00 server solution. The Melco music software is easy to use and stable. And we offer free support to Underwood Melco purchasers.
Playing music files
N100 will collate and arrange the complete music library and offers browse by Album, Artist, Data format, Date of recording, Composer etc.
Browse and play is possible from the N100 front panel or App on smartphone or tablet.
N100 supports all high res music formats up to 32bit 384kHz and Octo DSD.
The N100 is ready to use once language and time zone has been selected.
Additional advanced features, all accessible from the simple front panel interface, allow for customization.
- Fine design both for rack-style and desktop use (215 mm)
- Aluminum front and top panel with hairline finish
- 2 mm steel sheet chassis for anti-vibration
- HDD is designed with anti-vibration system "HS-S²"(Highly Stable Storage System) under same concept as N1ZS/2A.
- LAN port for direct connection with player (no LED for status indication)
- USB2.0 x3 are compatible with USB-DAC, USB CD drive and USB storage such as USB HDD or USB flash memory. When the drive is connected, user can choose the purpose of the drive on the front display. (Import, expansion, backup, restore etc)
- Low C/N clock of NDK
- Power management system by FPGA for improved system stability.
- Fan-less design
- 2.0TB 2.5''SFF HDD x 1
- Gigabit Dual Ethernet LAN port
- PC file sharing function
- DLNA/UPnP media server function with Twonky Server 8.5
- USB-DAC connection for USB playback - supports Gapless and DSD with DoP and Melco Markerless DSD.
- Automatic download of music files from Hires Audio.com, and other vendors to be announced, with file integrity check.
- CD import to local HDD using Gracenote Database.
- Backup and Restore of internal HDD – compatible with Melco N1 series.
- 215 x 61 x 269mm
- Net weight Appx. 8 pounds
The N100 has an internal HDD capacity of 2TB – equivalent to approx. 4000 CDs..* The music files once saved to N100 can be played through LAN and USB.
CD import using any USB connected optical disc drive with metadata and album art added auromatically from the Gracenote database. It is Compatible with the MELCO D100 high performance CD loader to make a superb complete CD playback or loader. CD's can be played directly without importing into a connected USB-DAC in the manner of a high-end CD player thru a connected USB DAC.
Convenient downloading of Hires music directly into Melco N100 without need for a network computer from HiResAudio.com and other vendors.
|Capacity||HDD 2TB x 1|
|Weight||Appx 8 lbs|
USB2.0 type A Front x 1 Rear x 2
Gigabit Ethernet port x 2
|Power supply||DC 12V (48W AC adapter)|
|Support file (Server)||DSF, DFF, FLAC, WAV, ALAC, AIFF, AAC, MP3, WMA, OGG, LPCM|
|Support file (Player)||DSF, DFF, FLAC, WAV, ALAC, AIFF, AAC|
|Sampling rate (Server)||44.1K, 48K, 88.2K, 96K, 176K, 192K, 384K, 2.8M, 5.6M, 11.3M|
|Sampling rate (Player)||44.1K, 48K, 88.2K, 96K, 176K, 192K, 384K, 2.8M, 5.6M, 11.3M|
|Bit rate||16-32bit (PCM), 1bit (DSD)|
|Accessories||Quick Start Guide, USB2.0 cable, Category 6 Ethernet cable, AC adapter|
D100 CD ripper
USB Optical Disc Drive D100
The D100 embeds the most recent generation of Japanese hi end optical drive which reads CD and Optical Discs with great precision.
The MELCO branded circuit board is optimised from audiophile point of view to promise the highest quality transport and ripping of CD into N1.
It can be turned off with the dedicated power switch.
The case is designed the same concept as most recent MELCO music library products.
2 mm thick under chassis supports the whole case with great rigidity.
Beautifully designed thick aluminum case is half size of N1A and fits most of desktop USB-DACs.
8.5lbs (almost 3x that of similar IT drives)
The MELCO Highly Stable Storage System holds the whole drive mechanism with their dedicated technology.
A dedicated PCB holds capacitors for the power supply and quality clock generator for better signal transmission.
TO HOST USB type B port is for N1 or PC to read the disc data.
TO DEVICE USB type A port is for USB-DAC playback with N1 USB Local playback function.
The step up the the N100 is the N1ZH2.
- 2 x 3TB Small Form Factor HDD
- Heavy brass non-magnetic HDD foundation
- Dedicated Neutrik USB-DAC port
- Dual Power Supplies
- New capacitor bank with audio grade film capacitors
- New silver/black aluminium case
- New processing logic (precision slow data writing and accurate high speed data retrieval)
- Self integrity check