Explore LSA Electronics
1) 350wpc GAN stereo power amplifier is now shipping.
2) Our Discovery Warp One. This is a 150 watts/channel stereo amp (250 @ 4 ohms) may be inexpensive at only $1499.00 but is designed to be the class leader. It replaces our Emerald Physics EP100.2SE and is a big sonic upgrade. Now Shipping
3) Full function solid state balanced preamp w/ Class A discrete phono stage, 5wpc Class A discrete headphone amp & upgradable DAC. Projected retail is $3,000.00. Shipping by 2nd quarter 2022.
4) Discovery DPH-1 Tube/solid state based remote controlled preamp/DAC with headphone amplifier Retail $999.00 Now Shipping
5) 200wpc GAN Integrated amp with DAC, phono stage & headphone amp (Hopefully shipping by the end of November 2021) Projected retail is $2,500.00
6) State of the art GAN based 400wpc integrated amp with upgradable DAC, superb headphone amp & phone stage-ETA of Early to mid to late 2022 with a projected $4500.00 retail.
7) An under $1000.00 ultra hi value turntableT2, now shipping. New T1 intro table with $200.00 Sumiko cartridge at $699.00. Now shipping. Info is on the turntable page
8) A line of headphones, the planar HP-1, HP-2 Ultra horn loaded dynamic phone and dynamic HP-3 Nova, all now shipping. The new planar HP-Diamond is amazing and is now shipping at $1999.00 in very limited quantities.
9) A super quiet $1,499.00 2 box phono stage designed to compete with products under $5,000.00. It will include our $399.00 balanced power conditioner built in. Due in late late 2021 or first quater 2022.
11) A beautiful new $599.00 pair of 6.5" monitor speakers intro priced at $499.00 for the pair. We believe we can make a new statement at this price point. First photo below. Photo with grill removed on the LSA speaker page.
13) A 35 watts per channel remote controlled EL-34 based tube integrated amplifier. It will include a headphone output as well as subwoofer output. Intro selling price is $1199.00 in late October to mid November.
14) Discovery Hyperdrive 2- A 2 watts per channel hybrid headphone amp/preamp combination. It uses a 6DJ8 (6922) ultra quiet tube front end with solid state output stage. 6.3mm headphone jack. The preamp is exceptional. Approximate size is 8" wide x 3.75" high x 8" deep. Expected ship date is late October 2021 at $799.00
Hybrid Stereo preamplifier/headphone amp
See a rear rendering on the LSA headphone page
The HyperDrive-2 (HD2) is a unique hybrid solid state/valve headphone amplifier and exceptional stereo preamplifier capable of driving 2 watts RMS into 32ohm headphones. The combination of a valve buffer stage running in SE Class A mode driving a muscular low distortion solid state Class AB output stage gives the best of both worlds: the beautiful sonic signature of a tube amplifier but with the muscle and grip of a Class AB amp to drive the most difficult loads with clarity and authority. And a superb tube preamplifier to run a hi-end power amplifier like our Warp 1 or GaN 350. Dual preamp outs even allow you to run an amp and powered subwoofer.
The HD2 is a state of the art, from-the-ground-up, new design by the talented team of engineers and designers at LSA. The HD2 is a headphone amp that provides the perfect blend of advanced digital controlled startup/shutdown sequences and the ability to select from three different single ended analog RCA inputs, with carefully thought out front panel with a classic and elegant analog feel.
The HD2 utilizes a custom designed ECC88 valve circuit in a single ended Class A cathode follower with a plate constant current source topology to provide a natural sounding buffer stage in between the solid state input selection and the class leading TI TPA6120A2 which provides a dynamic and transparent Class AB output stage for a powerful and compelling listening experience.
Volume control is provided by smooth turning Alps pot and all opamps utilized are class leading TI OPA1656/1642 for the best combination of transparent sound and musicality. A simple toggle switch to select between three different gain settings of 0dB/6dB/12dB through a relay, as well as a convenient push button microprocessor controlled mute function effected through use of low distortion solid state relays (SSR) which are also used for DC output protection to prevent damage to headphones resulting from an output stage or power supply anomaly.
All of this hybrid operation requires a custom designed power supply that generates the 90v for the valve B+, the 6.3vdc filament heater, and +/-15v for the solid state opamps, plus the 5v and 3.3v for the digital electronics. The main power is provided by a medical grade wall plug desktop 24v 3.5A SMPS.
The HD2 is capable of driving 2w into 32ohms, thus capable of being paired with the most demanding low sensitivity headphones. The SET valve buffer provides for a beautiful SE Class A harmonic profile that is second harmonic dominant with monotonically descending higher orders with an overall THD of 0.002% at 500mW into 32ohms.
A handsome and heavy CNC machined aluminum chassis with a velvety and durable powder coated finish that expresses the amplifiers sense of speed and power, yet with a reserved elegance.
350wpc Balanced Power Amplifier
Above is a rendering
Our new LSA 350 watts/ch power amplifier, Voyager GAN 350, is now shipping. This fully balanced amplifier is a breakthrough product featuring a GAN (Gallium Nitride) FET Output Power Stage as found in products selling for many times our $3,000.00 price. This is a very sophisticated design and not just a Class D amp with GAN FET's. The current competition sells for $32,000.00, $18,500.00, $15,000.00 and $7500.00 with 80 watts. Our GAN Output Power Stage provides even better Audio performance through the reduced THD+N and IMD that is only afforded by the newest in eGaN FET Output Device technology. Both of these enhancements are prohibitive with the legacy Silicon FET technology due to both the inherent limitations of the processes, and the resulting sacrifices in the desired efficiency of the system solutions. These better efficiencies allow for increased Audio bandwidth without the “out-of-band” noise that is typical of legacy Class D amplifiers. These performance differences, along with an even better EMI/EMC profile are the result of the ‘almost ideal’ switching waveform that is achievable with this new eGaN FET technology. The much faster switching times, the lack of ‘overshoots’ and ‘ringing’, along with the much reduced “Dead-Band” timing of the eGaN FET Output Stage allows for unmatched linearity across the entire Modulation range. With the significant reduction in “ON” resistance and Gate capacitance of the eGaN FET, our amplifiers provide unmatched Output Impedance and THD/IMD, resulting in the need for very low feedback – further reducing any issues caused by complex Output Speaker loads and Back-EMF from the transducers. This means you get a greater depth of field, blacker blacks and greater transparency than standard ICE or Hypex Class D type amps.
This technology fixes all the issues that Class D amps have historically displayed.
Get up to $1,200.00 or more in trade for any working amp towards this new technology.
Call us to discuss this superb new amp at 770-667-5633
Inside shot- Dual mono design with large 850 watt power supply in the middle
We will be offering a wire upgrade to our Core Power Gold speaker and input cable for only $175.00 on 8.16.2021
Here is some info on the amp:
• 350W per Channel into 8 ohms
• 650W per Channel into 4 ohms
• 2 ohms stable
• Sensitivity: Two volts input for 350 watts out
• > 108dB SNR and Dynamic Range
• < 0.01% THD+N (8ohms, 200W, 20Hz to 20kHz)
Input impedance: 100K Ohms
• Distortion closed loop with no feedback < 0.08% THD+N (8 ohms, 350W, 20Hz to 20kHz)
• Frequency Response (8Ω) 20Hz-20kHz +/-0.5dB/ 20-40KHZ at -3Db
• Direct coupled with no output caps
• 96% Efficiency Reduces Heat and System Size
• Integrated, non-intrusive over-current, short-circuit and over-voltage protection
DPH-1 preamplifier/DAC/headphone amp
Intro sale $799.00
In the first review in Tone audio they said:
Discovery is our inexpensive line. It is designed for audiophiles on a budget to discover great sound at affordable Internet Direct pricing with no dealer profits. The DPH-1 is our Discovery line DAC with preamp and quality headphone amplifier. It can be used as an excellent DAC or as a preamp/DAC. It may be inexpensive but is competes at well above its cost. It is a hi value remote controlled digital preamplifier with 24 bit/192k DSD DAC and quality headphone amplifier. We use the exceptional AKM 4495 DAC that is sonically one of our favorites. It uses an AKM AK-4118 digital input receiver. It has both tube and solid state single ended outputs. It features 4 digital inputs. The volumne control is a rotary encoder as found in much more expensive products. If turned all the way up it acts as a DAC if run into your preamp or integrated amp. It can even be run as both a tube and solid state DAC by using two sets of interconnects and running into two inputs of your preamp. The tube buffer stage is based on an NOS General Electric 5670 tube. This is the type of high value product that Discovery is all about. It uses an R-core power supply, audiophile grade caps from WIMA of Germany, Solen from France and Dale resistors from the USA as well as gold plated connectors. There is separate power supply rectification for the analog and digital circuitry The included remote control handles input select, volume up and down and mute.
Tube: NOS GE5670 tube
Digital Audio Inputs: (1) coaxial, (1) optical, (1) USB and (1) BNC input.
Stereo Audio Outputs: 2 analog stereo outputs via RCA (Solid State and Tube Output)
Headphone Amplifier Output Power: 500mW X 2 ( 32 ohm) / 250mW X 2 ( 300 ohm) / 100mW X 2 ( 600 ohm)
Sampling Frequency: 32kHz - 44.1kHz - 48kHz - 88.2kHz - 96kHz -192kHz-DSD 64/128
Resolution: 16, 20 and 24 bit input
Input Impedance: 75 ohms
Line Output Impedance: 600-ohm Output
Dynamic Range: 120dB
Frequency Response: 20Hz-30KHz
Signal-To-Noise Ratio: Normal Output: 110dB; Tube Output: 90dB
Total Harmonic Distortion: Solid State Output: 0.001%. Tube .1%
Weight: 14 pounds / 18 pounds packed
Size: 14"w x 10"d x 4"h Ship size: is 18"w x 12"d x 7"h
Warranty: Two years with 6 months on tube
Discovery Warp One
150 watts per channel stereo power amplifier
Sale price is $1195.00 delivered
First amp above
The Design is finished and is now shipping.
The first review is out in Tone Audio and they sum with:
"Consider my attitude changed. The LSA Warp One is a great amp, period. Class D has matured, and very well I might add. For $1,195, we’re definitely awarding this baby an Exceptional Value Award. Job well done."
Read the entire review at: https://www.tonepublications.com/review/review-the-lsa-warp-1-power-amplifier/
In the new StereoTimes review they say:
"The Warp 1 doesn't sound at all like any of the Class-D's I've experienced to date – It's a big step forward from its predecessor, the EP 100.2SE, which I also enjoyed in its day. While I have minor quibbles, its errors are those of omission, not commission. The Warp 1 is as engaging as it is affordable, an amp that offers a surprising amount of air, ease, and musicality for extending listening enjoyment. While we don't get many visitors these days due to COVID, both of my audiophile friends who stopped by to hear the Warp 1 said they wanted one."
The Warp-1 amp utilizes the class-leading Texas Instruments TPA3255 "Purepath" Class D amp Reference Design as our initial inspiration, but with extreme care in the layout design and choice of high performance componentry to ensure that the amp operates at its true potential.
The state of the art layout was made using double planes stitched together with thousands of vias wherever an ultra-low impedance path was needed. We do this to ensure extraordinary signal transfer which gives you ALL The Music and Dynamic Contrasts.
Attention was paid to keep current loop areas as small as possible. Power input paths were kept as short as possible as well. The signal integrity is our primary focus here. Paying attention to these parameters yields phenomenal low noise for Blacker Blacks and Deep Soundstage that will amaze.
The ground paths were designed with a star hub topology (note that the power entry jack is in the middle of the board). Ultra-high current low distortion CoilCraft flat copper wire SER shielded inductors for the output filter provide unfettered current flow while ensuring the minimum in distortion. These are techniques found in Amplifiers at 5 x the price.
The PCB is an extra thick 2mm FR4 with 2oz (70um thick) copper traces and electroless nickel immersion gold (ENIG) finish. All of these finer points add up to a sum that is greater than its parts, thereby yielding a Class D amp that sounds dynamic, engaging, natural, and non-fatiguing… so you therefore get a product that performs at many times it’s price --- but most importantly honors the Musical Event in a very real way.
The Class D amplifier is just the core, and it must be supported by a state of the art low-noise power supply and buffer preamp, both of which are custom made for Warp-1. An oversized 600w switch mode power supply provides the amplifier with an abundance of power on-tap without a hint of hesitation. Bass Slam will delight you track after track.
The Warp-1 has a custom made signal input buffer that accepts either balanced (XLR/TRS) or single ended (RCA) sources and utilizes our choice for best results --- the superb sounding state of the art Texas Instruments OPA1656 operational amplifiers for signal conversion and amplification. The buffer has a DIP switch that allows selectable gains to match any source. The gain on the input buffer can be selected from 0dB, 6dB, 14dB, and 20dB. The TPA3255 amp has an intrinsic 22dB of gain so the setting from the factory is 6dB for an overall 28dB gain. For most systems this will be the perfect setting to ensure trouble free, low-noise operation.
Some applications may require lower gain so 0dB can be selected for overall 22dB of gain. The 14dB setting will give an overall 36dB of gain which might be useful when playing from a less powerful source – perhaps a Lower Gain Preamp. We would prefer that the 20dB setting not be used as this is just too much gain for most applications.
These components and techniques combine together to yield an amplifier that has a performance in the rarified air of 130dB signal to noise ratio. Even without a source playing, the Warp-1 will be absolutely silent with the ear pressed to the speaker cone - you cannot tell the amp is turned on unless the LEDs were glowing. This amp can be used in every type and sort of High Performance Audio System with spectacular results.
The Warp-1 amp redefines what an affordable Class D amp can sound like.
THD+N @ 1kHz at 50W
- < 0.0027% into 10 Ohms
- < 0.0057% into 5 Ohms
- 14" wide x 10" deep x 3" high
- MAXIMUM AUDIO OUTPUT CURRENT: 17 A peak, per channel, both channels driven
- INPUT SENSITIVITY
- Low-Gain = 2.7 Vrms, Gain = 22 dB
- Mid-Gain = 1.4 Vms, Gain = 28 dB
- High-Gain = 0.55 Vrms, Gain = 36 dB
- Gains Selectable via DIP Internal Dip Switches on Input Buffer
- INPUT IMPEDANCE: 25 k Ohms (Single Ended or Balanced Inputs)
- Fully Electronic, No Relays
- Mute Sequencing
- Distortion Detection (Clip Warning)
- Short Circuit Protection
- Over Current Protection
- Over Temperature Detection and Protection
- SOA Detection (Output device safe operating area)
- PSU Fault Protection
- 27.0 Vrms into 10 Ohms < 0.0052 % THD+N
- 27.0 Vrms into 5 Ohms < 0.0056 % THD+N
- 22.4 Vrms into 10 Ohms < 0.0038% THD+N
- 22.4 Vrms into 5 Ohms < 0.0064 % THD+N
- 15.8 Vrms into 10 Ohms < 0.0048% THD+N
- 15.8 Vrms into 5 Ohms < 0.0057 % THD+N
- 11.2 Vrms into 10 Ohms < 0.0058 % THD+N
- 11.2 Vrms into 5 Ohms < 0.0059 % THD+N
SNR & DYNAMIC RANGE
Rated output relative to output noise, inputs shorted: 115 dB
Output noise voltage, inputs shorted: -119dBV, 1.1 uVrms
Warp one rear RCA & XLR inputs and binding posts
Intro priced at $1199.00
Our new VT-70 is a 35wpc remote controlled integrated EL-34 based amplifier. It has 3 inputs and a subwoofer output. The meters work for both biasing as well as power output.
Check out the first review on page 16 in Tone Audio at: https://www.tonepublications.com/MAGPDF/TA_108.pdf
They sum with: "The LSA VT70 is the perfect amp at the perfect price, whether investigating high - performance audio
for the first time, taking your first spin with a tube amplifier, or perhaps looking for a great second system. It’s musically
satisfying, aesthetically pleasing, and gets the job done."
Power Output: 35W + 35W (RMS 8 ohm),
THD: 1% (1kHZ),
Frequency Response: 20Hz-40kHz,
Input Sensitivity: 200mV,
Input Impedance: 100kOHM,
Output Impedance: 4 ohm, 8ohm,
S/N Ratio: 88dB,
G.W: 21.8 KG,
Power Consumption: 230W,
Tubes used: 12AX7*1, 12AU7*2, EL34*4,
Size: 375*225*200 mm.