Explore LSA Group
Living Sounds Audio (The LSA Group)
Underwood Hifi has purchased LSA. We are selling LSA exclusively factory direct. This allows us to dramatically lower the selling prices of these excellent speakers.
The LSA speakers are amazingly good values at the new Direct prices. The original line received superb reviews. The new 2018 line is even better with custom drivers, upgraded cabinets and better crossovers.
The new 2018 line uses the patented XBL2 drivers. These drivers allow for more linearity and lower distortion at all levels. The new products were designed to compete with high end speakers that sell for 3 times their price thru retail dealers. They offer serious value at our Internet Direct pricing. The original line had Standard, Signature and Statement models. This new line has only Signature and Statement versions. The Signatures are a step up over the original versions and the Statements offer untouchedperformance & value at our selling prices. Target models were 2-3 times our prices.
The LSA-1 Statement was named one of the 10 best under $3000.00 speakers by The Absolute Sound in 2016. It was an Editors Choice at $2800.00 retail in the 2015 The Absolute Sound. The new LSA-20 Statement goes 10Hz lower uses all custom LSA drivers, an 8th order crossover with exceptional parts, a rear mounted auxiliary bass radiator and much upgraded lacquer finish. It is better from bass to treble. The LSA-10 Statement is like listening to a floor standing speaker that just happens to be in a small box.
Photo or Prototype LSA-10 Statement shipping in July
The Signature version will offer amazing value with the same custom black anodized aluminum 6.5” woofer, a new 1” silk dome tweeter and a single 5” x 7” passive radiator (mounted on the rear). Bass will also go to 35Hz and set a new standard at out selling price.
The LSA10 Statement and LSA-20 Statements will have a beautiful upgraded lacquer gloss finish.
The LSA-10 Signature monitor uses a custom LSA 1” silk dome tweeter with a compact neodymium XBL2 magnet structure and a shallow waveguide to better integrate with the woofer, a single black anodized LSA custom aluminum 6.5” XBL2 woofer, and a single rear mounted 5” x 7” sub bass radiator. It uses a computer designed 4th order Linkwitz Riley acoustic crossover with an 88dB sensitivity (2.83 Vrms @ 1 meter) and 8-ohm rating. The LSA-10 Signature has an in-room response from 35 Hz to 20 kHz +/-3Db. The LSA-10 Signatures are available in a satin finish rosewood veneer with magnetically attached grille.
Projected retail is $1,995.00/pr
The LSA-10 Statement monitor uses a custom LSA 1” copper beryllium dome tweeter with a compact neodymium XBL2 magnet structure and a shallow waveguide to better integrate with the woofer, a single custom LSA black anodized aluminum 6.5” XBL2 woofer, and a single rear mounted 5” x 7” sub bass radiator. Other upgrades include a far more sophisticated 8th order linear phase acoustic crossover topology with state of the art crossover components and OCC internal cable. The LSA-10 Statement has an in-room response from 35 Hz to 30 kHz +/-3Db, an 88Db sensitivity and an 8-ohm rating. The LSA-10 Statement has a high gloss finish rosewood veneer with a magnetically attached grille. Projected retail is $3,495.00/pr
The LSA-20 Signature is a 3-way 4 driver floor standing column design that uses a custom LSA 1” silk dome tweeter with a compact neodymium XBL2 magnet structure and a shallow waveguide to better integrate with the midrange. The tweeter is coupled to a single carbon fiber LSA custom 4-inch XBL midrange, dual 6.5” LSA XBL2 black anodized woofers, and three rear mounted 5” x 7” sub bass radiators. The Signature uses a computer designed 4th order Linkwitz Riley acoustic crossover with an 88dB sensitivity (2.83 Vrms @ 1 meter) and 8-ohm rating. The LSA-20 Signature has an in-room response from 25Hz to 20 kHz +/-3Db. The LSA-20 Signatures are available in a satin finish rosewood veneer with magnetically attached grille.
Projected retail is $3,995.00/pr
The LSA-20 Statement is a 3-way floor standing column design that uses a custom LSA 1” copper beryllium dome tweeter with a compact neodymium XBL2 magnet structure and a shallow waveguide to better integrate with the midrange, a single carbon fiber LSA custom 4-inch XBL2 midrange, dual 6.5” custom LSA black anodized XBL2 woofers, and three rear mounted 5” x 7” sub bass radiators. The Statement uses a far more sophisticated 8th order linear phase acoustic crossover topology with state of the art crossover components and upgraded internal cable. Sensitivity is rated at 88dB (2.83 Vrms @ 1 meter) with an 8 ohm rating. The LSA-20 Statement has an in-room response from 25Hz to 30 kHz +/-3Db. The LSA-20 Statements have a beautiful high gloss finish veneer with a magnetically attached grille.
Projected retail is $5,995.00/pr
All models are single wire for optimum phase response. Optional custom stands are $399.00/pr
Preliminary specifications that are subject to change
Call me to discuss our great deals on all LSA products still remaining at 770-667-5633.
More info & specs will be in the new LSA website at: www.thelsagroup.com that will be coming in May
LSA amplifiers are all discontinued & sold out.The $2800.00 LSA-2 speakers are now sold out. We are introducing the exciting new LSA20 Signature and Statements at the Axpona show in mid April 2018
See the great review at:
LSA-1 Statement Superb ribbon monitors with excellent bass extention and great reviews List $2800.00 Sale $1599.00/pr 2 pair left
SS-26 26" stands for LSA-1 Two post design List $650.00/pr Sale $299.00/pr or $249.00 if bought with the speakers
Info below is about the older models and the few speakers that we have left at great closeout deals
CES Show Report by Chris Martens of The Absolute Sound:
"The LSA Group LSA-1 Monitors [produce] images that are gigantic, beautifully focused, and three-dimensional beyond belief. These affordable stand-mount monitors seemed remarkably free from edge diffraction and struck me as being among the finest imagers I've ever heard at any price.
I was also impressed by the LSA1's natural tonal balance and unforced clarity. Though the LSA-1s filled a quite large room with sound, they never seemed to be working very hard."
LSA-1 is No longer Available- We have a few pairs of LSA-1 Statements left.
Stereomojo 'Maximum Mojo' Award Winner
Reviewed by Jim Darby, Stereomojo Editor
Here are some of their comments:
"...It was impossible to locate an instrument that sounded as if it were being produced by a speaker. What did appear was a huge soundstage that filled the front of the room. Listening to “Tutti!”... the first violin section extended about four feet beyond the left speaker while the second violins and violas did the same on the right. The other sections were rendered in beautiful layers extending to the wall six feet behind. Most amazing was the sense of height. The brass and percussion were elevated well above the cabinets in perfect scale as they would be on stage. The LSA1s made it seem perfectly plausible that the Minnesota Orchestra or the Czech State Philharmonic were performing a private concert just for me."
"...Just for fun, I pulled out the Sound Dynamics 300ti. This is a much larger speaker that truly is remarkable, though not to the degree hyped by HP. Other than a more extended low end, the LSA1 was superior in every regard. It wasn’t even close. The very fine Vienna Acoustics Haydn (review upcoming) was stronger competition. While the Haydn costs about 30% more, the LSA1's were more convincing and lifelike, especially in the low bass and upper frequencies..."
"...All of the above is great so far, but if a speaker cannot convey a male or female vocal convincingly, the rest counts for nothing. The 1s were more than convincing, they were inspiring....These speakers have the innate ability to bypass your ears and grasp your heart, soul or both. One does not “hear” them, one experiences the music. They pull you in and cause you to forget the office, the bills, the noise and clutter of life and transport you to wherever the artists want to take you..."
- LSA-1 Statement monitor speakers w/ribbon tweeters & great xover $2,799/pr TAS one of 10 best under $3000 spkrs Factory Direct price $1,599/pr in Rosewood
Reviews have been superb at their $2800.00 a pair price thru dealers. At $1599 in Rosewood they offer a superb value. Here is what the reviewers have said:
1) "The LSA1 Statement Monitor ... sounded far better than any $2600-a-pair loudspeaker should. This small two-way had exceptional dynamics, surprisingly deep bass extension, great image focus, and a smooth and extended treble courtesy of the ribbon tweeter."
Robert Harley, The Absolute Sound, February 2011
2) "I give my compliments to LSA Audio for creating a very high-performing and creatively designed reference-level monitor for an incredibly reasonable price (was $2800/pr Now Factory Direct at $1599). If you're a music lover with a small acoustic space and want a two-way, stand-mounted speaker that will allow you to relax and enjoy the pleasure of your music collection, you would have to spend triple the amount to get a speaker that would out-perform the LSA1 Statement Monitor speaker. I highly recommend you put it on your audition list."
Terry London, www.HomeTheaterReview.com
3) "One of my favorite discoveries of this year was the LSA Group's LSA1 Statement monitor. This attractive speaker features a folded-ribbon tweeter, a 6.25" mid/bass driver, and premium-grade crossover parts. The LSA1 Statement is one of the two best sub-$3000 monitors I've ever heard. These speakers sound highly detailed, yet are unfailingly smooth and offer very good bass extension for their size. They also produce enormous 3-D soundstage's and easily reveal subtle differences between good / better / best amplifiers."
4) "I have owned several minimonitors over the years . . . The LSA1 Statement is the finest minimonitor I have heard . . ."
Norm Luttbeg of Soundstage
Older models on Closeout
- LCR theater monitor center Retail $949/ea Internet Direct price On Sale for only $399 in Rosewood
- On wall tripole surround/stereo monitors Retail $1,299/pr Internet Direct Price On sale for only $399/pr in black. Rosewood is sold out
- In-wall speakers basically an LSA-1 Silk dome pivoting tweeter with a back box for bass Retail $700.00 Internet Direct price: SOLD OUT
- In-Ceiling speakers Quality in-ceiling with silk dome pivoting tweeter and paper treated 6.5"woofer. These also make great Dolby ATMOS speakers. Retail $600.00 Factory Direct price: $199.00/pr
For more info, visit their website.