European Audio Team (EAT)
Explore European Audio Team (EAT)
Now also selling Okki Nokki record cleaners
$2,795.00 with $524.000 Ortofon Quinet Blue moving coil cartridge TAS Recommended in 2018 Buyers Guide
$2495.00 with no cartridge
"Low in profile, and all gloss black and brushed silver, the C-Major fairly screams sophistication, and while it’s EAT’s least expensive turntable, it’s still obviously a luxury product. But the C-Major is far from an entry-level ’table. The whole shebang just oozed sophistication. There’s much to be said for a truly compact turntable -- one that echoes the simplicity, elegance, and user-friendliness of the Denons and Duals of yore. Combine such elegance with high-tech materials and exemplary finishing -- as EAT has in the C-Major -- and you’ve got a winner.
Listening to the Pro-Ject is like working for an insurance company. Listening to the C-Major was akin to taking an exciting holiday, the aural equivalent of climbing to Machu Picchu. And who doesn’t want to climb up to Machu Picchu!"
" It looks stunning in an understated, techy kind of way, and is easy to set up. Best of all it sounds fantastic. You rarely get all of this at just over two grand. I look forward to investigating more of what this company’s turntable range has to offer. Highly recommended."Jeff Dorgay October 31, 2016
Bob Archer of CE Pro said:
“I was really impressed with the C-Major. It's well built, easy to put together, and it sounds fantastic.”
“I thought the C Major demonstrated the essence of the “vinyl sound.”
"I was continually blown away. The C-Major’s overall smoothness, rich dynamics and detail simply crushed my Thorens. It was the first time that I’ve had a turntable in my home that wasn’t dramatically more expensive than the value of my Thorens but against which I felt my setup wasn’t competitive”
“The C-Major is an excellent way to put discerning music fans into a vinyl solution without the audiophile pricing normally associated with some turntables.”
Note that this is the THIRD amazing review of this awesome turntable!
Also, the C-Sharp has been named a 2017 Reviewers Choice at The Absolute Sound .
- Nominal speed: 33/45 rpm, manual speed change
- Speed Variance: 33rpm: ± < 0.09%, 45rpm: ± < 0.10%
- Wow and flutter:33rpm: ± < 0.05%, 45rpm: ± < 0.05%
- Signal to noise: S/N Ratio ( mechanical noise): – 40 dB, Signal to noise (electrical noise): -68 dB
- Downforce range: 0 – 30 mN ; 0 - 3.0 grams
- Supplied counterweight system: Counterweight 110 g without additional insert → for cartridges 5 – 9 g; Counterweight with additional insert 148 g →for cartridges 9 – 17g
- Effective tonearm mass: 14.5 g
- Effective tonearm length: 9"
- Overhang: 18mm
- Power consumption: 5 W max / 0.5W standby
- Voltage: Universal switch mode power supply:
15 V DC/1.6 A, 90-264 V AC, 47 - 63 Hz
- Dimensions: (W × H × D):
18.1" × 13.9" × 4.9" (without dustcover)18.1" × 13.9" × 5.6" (closed dustcover)18.1" × 15" × 17.1" (opened dustcover)
- Weight: (Turntable) 19.8 lbs.
- Weight: (Boxed) 26.5 lbs.
$1595.00 with tonearm, cartridge & dustcover that competes with other tables at $2500.00
$3,995.00 with 10" C-Note carbon fiber tonearm & $1000.00 Ortofon Quintet Black Moving coil cartridge
$3,495.00 with no cartridge
Positive Feedback wrote a killer review:
"the EAT turntable performed so superbly and was so inexpensive that the audiophile may build a near state of the art system with the C Sharp at its core. How about that: phono reproduction with amazing sound, easy to setup and tweak, and all at reasonable cost!"
"It features a true 10" length, carbon fiber with aluminum arm tube, adjustability in every possible plane, special elastomer damping in the tube, gorgeous chrome finish, and all the counterweights you need for various cartridge weights. WOW!"
"If you want virtually state-of-the-art phono playback for under $10,000, including cartridge, build your system starting with the time-tested EAT C Sharp Turntable and Arm Combo at its heart. The EAT C Sharp Turntable Combination is that good!"
Read the full review at: https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/eat-c-sharp-turntable/
The Hifi-World review summed with:
$1995.00 C-Note 10 inch Carbon fiber tonearm
External speed control network
Optional dust cover
- Nominal speed: 33/45 rpm, driven by microprocessor, separate control panel, lighted control buttons
- Signal to noise: S/N Ratio ( mechanical noise): – 40 dB, Signal to noise (electrical noise): -70 dB
- Downforce range: 0 – 30 mN
- Supplied counterweights: without additional insert → for cartridge 5 – 9g (125g), with additional insert → for cartridge 8,5 – 13g (142g)
- Effective tonearm mass: 0.58 oz. (16.5 g)
- Effective tonearm length: 10"
- Overhang: .6"
- Power consumption: 8.5 W max / 0.5 W standby
- Voltage: Universal switch mode power supply 15 V DC / 1.6 A, 90-264 V AC, 47 – 63Hz
- Dimensions: 19.7" wide × 15.7" deep × 4.5" high without connectors, 19.7" wide × 17.12" deep × 4.5" high with connectors in the rear panel
- Weight (without box): 29.7 lbs. + 1.1 lbs. separate control panel