N100 is the half-sized model of MELCO music library which has 2TB hard disc drive and 3 x USB2.0 port. The full functioned model in the same size and design as MELCO CD drive "D100". It may be small in size but the performance is big. We feel this is the best sounding under $2500.00-$3000.00 server solution. The Melco music software is easy to use and stable. And we offer free support to Underwood Melco purchasers.
Playing music files
N100 will collate and arrange the complete music library and offers browse by Album, Artist, Data format, Date of recording, Composer etc.
Browse and play is possible from the N100 front panel or App on smartphone or tablet.
N100 supports all high res music formats up to 32bit 384kHz and Octo DSD.
The N100 is ready to use once language and time zone has been selected.
Additional advanced features, all accessible from the simple front panel interface, allow for customization.
- Fine design both for rack-style and desktop use (215 mm)
- Aluminum front and top panel with hairline finish
- 2 mm steel sheet chassis for anti-vibration
- HDD is designed with anti-vibration system "HS-S²"(Highly Stable Storage System) under same concept as N1ZS/2A.
- LAN port for direct connection with player (no LED for status indication)
- USB2.0 x3 are compatible with USB-DAC, USB CD drive and USB storage such as USB HDD or USB flash memory. When the drive is connected, user can choose the purpose of the drive on the front display. (Import, expansion, backup, restore etc)
- Low C/N clock of NDK
- Power management system by FPGA for improved system stability.
- Fan-less design
- 2.0TB 2.5''SFF HDD x 1
- Gigabit Dual Ethernet LAN port
- PC file sharing function
- DLNA/UPnP media server function with Twonky Server 8.5
- USB-DAC connection for USB playback - supports Gapless and DSD with DoP and Melco Markerless DSD.
- Automatic download of music files from Hires Audio.com, and other vendors to be announced, with file integrity check.
- CD import to local HDD using Gracenote Database.
- Backup and Restore of internal HDD – compatible with Melco N1 series.
- 215 x 61 x 269mm
- Net weight Appx. 8 pounds
The N100 has an internal HDD capacity of 2TB – equivalent to approx. 4000 CDs..* The music files once saved to N100 can be played through LAN and USB.
CD import using any USB connected optical disc drive with metadata and album art added auromatically from the Gracenote database. It is Compatible with the MELCO D100 high performance CD loader to make a superb complete CD playback or loader. CD's can be played directly without importing into a connected USB-DAC in the manner of a high-end CD player thru a connected USB DAC.
Convenient downloading of Hires music directly into Melco N100 without need for a network computer from HiResAudio.com and other vendors.
|Capacity||HDD 2TB x 1|
|Weight||Appx 8 lbs|
USB2.0 type A Front x 1 Rear x 2
Gigabit Ethernet port x 2
|Power supply||DC 12V (48W AC adapter)|
|Support file (Server)||DSF, DFF, FLAC, WAV, ALAC, AIFF, AAC, MP3, WMA, OGG, LPCM|
|Support file (Player)||DSF, DFF, FLAC, WAV, ALAC, AIFF, AAC|
|Sampling rate (Server)||44.1K, 48K, 88.2K, 96K, 176K, 192K, 384K, 2.8M, 5.6M, 11.3M|
|Sampling rate (Player)||44.1K, 48K, 88.2K, 96K, 176K, 192K, 384K, 2.8M, 5.6M, 11.3M|
|Bit rate||16-32bit (PCM), 1bit (DSD)|
|Accessories||Quick Start Guide, USB2.0 cable, Category 6 Ethernet cable, AC adapter|
- Specially selected HDD drive for audio performance
- High-quality positive-click front panel buttons
- Crystal-clear easy-read low-noise OLED display
- 3x USB 3.0 ports for easy back up, expansion and DAC connectivity
- Easy music importing from flash, CD or HDD drives
- IEC mains inlet with true electrical ground to define the source component as ground point
- Internal power-line noise filter
- New PCB, layered rigid SSD mounter and feet
- Made in Japan
D100 CD ripper
USB Optical Disc Drive D100
The D100 embeds the most recent generation of Japanese hi end optical drive which reads CD and Optical Discs with great precision.
The MELCO branded circuit board is optimised from audiophile point of view to promise the highest quality transport and ripping of CD into N1.
It can be turned off with the dedicated power switch.
The case is designed the same concept as most recent MELCO music library products.
2 mm thick under chassis supports the whole case with great rigidity.
Beautifully designed thick aluminum case is half size of N1A and fits most of desktop USB-DACs.
8.5lbs (almost 3x that of similar IT drives)
The MELCO Highly Stable Storage System holds the whole drive mechanism with their dedicated technology.
A dedicated PCB holds capacitors for the power supply and quality clock generator for better signal transmission.
TO HOST USB type B port is for N1 or PC to read the disc data.
TO DEVICE USB type A port is for USB-DAC playback with N1 USB Local playback function.
S-100 Data Switch
The limitation to the ultimate sound quality of digital music on anEthernet network is the network itself and the components used.IT components are low cost commodity items and are effective for PC dataand gaming etc. But they are simply inadequate for high quality digital music.One critical component is all digital music systems is the dataswitch which handles both the music data and control.The Melco S100 is designed and configured as an audiophile componentwithout any IT compromises..
The Melco S100 is quite an unusual architecture compared to an IT dataswitch.There are four 100Mb RJ45 ports – these provide the best audio quality. There are four 1Gb ports – these are ideal for PC connectivity, and are ideal for the Roon Core processor which generates high traffic flow. Two additional SFP ports allow for connection of optical fibre for components such as Lumin that support it. Key to creating a stable and resilient data stream for extreme Hi-Res streaming is the Packet Buffer and S100 has 1.5MB of buffer capability to deal with erratic external connectivity. Audiophile techniques are used in the power supply implementation with a bank of audio-grade capacitors to ensure the lowest noise environment. Mechanical stability contributes to system performance and the S100 is built on a rigid steel chassis with total screening provided by the totally metal enclosure which matches Melco Audiophile NAS components.
Power supplies are external to the S100 giving good isolation and allowing for future upgrade to external linear power supplies.
Network Digital Music Players – Streamers.The Ethernet network is the signal connectivity to every network Player or Streamer from the data-store or NAS.Similarly Streaming Services such asTIDAL and Qobuz originate in remote servers and connect to the network Player through the data switch. Any damage to packet data, timing, packet order, noise, or intrusive data, damages the overall musical performance. IT switches are optimised for speed and throughput – not data integrity. Melco S100, using the 100Mb ports achieves the best possible performance from every brand of network Player or Streamer regardless of the source. Melco S100 Specification ConnectivityPorts4 x 100Mb/E RJ45 4 x 1000Mb/E RJ45 2 x Fibre SFP/LC Power12V 1 amp 5.7mm coaxSize215 x 61 x 269mm (W H L)Weight2.5kG
The step up the the N100 is the N50 (S38).
The Melco N50-S38 is the first SSD model in a full width (43cm) chassis. Easy to import from CD, USB memory, or music data on your PC. Back up your important music collection simply from front display menu.
You can play music from an App on your smart phone or tablet which beautifully lists your music collection with cover art, artist/album information. Melco Music HD app is only available for iPad. If you connect USB-DAC, N1 becomes a transport of streaming services and becomes a Roon Ready device. Unlike a server for the office, Melco Music Library is purely designed for audio playback.
Made in Japan by “Takumi” ( “master” in Japanese).
- Comfortable front panel buttons with positive click for easy operation
- OLED display to reduce internal noise
- Rear USB 3.0 ports – BACKUP, EXPANSION USB-DAC or Easy
- Import from Flash drive, CD drive or HDD
- 3 pole IEC mains inlet with true electrical ground to define source component as ground point, and internal power-line noise filter.
New Enhanced PCB
Layered rigid SSD mounter
New Clear Dynamic PSU (capacitor bank + new unit)
New Isolation Feet
Inherited from award-winning N1A
Classic MELCO appearance
Full width for hi-fi system
1.7mm thick chassis
IEC inlet + noise filter