MiniMax CDP Level-1 mod - $650 + frt retro-fit to your player
The following details describe our Level-1 mod:
- Eight ultra-fast soft recovery International Rectifier Hexfred and Telefunken Fred diodes are added to the power supply.
- Two Black Gate standard-grade electrolytic capacitors are added to the I-V power supply position.
- We add one sheet of Soundcoat dampening material to the internal chassis
- Four Ear compliant Sorbothane isolation feet are added to the bottom to damp external resonances.
- One pair of Vampire OFC copper body, gold-plated RCA output jacks are added to the rear for better signal transfer.
- 8 Riken Ohm 0.5, 1 and 2 watt resistors with gold-plated leads are run in the signal path.
- Two Auricap metallized polypropylene output signal coupling capacitors are installed.
- Four polystyrene capacitors are added to the I-V and feedback positions.
- Two Analog Devices AD825 surface-mount op amps are mounted to adapter pcbs and used in the I-V position replacing the $3.00 op amps of the stock unit.
- One pair of Electro-Harmonix gold-pin 6922s replace the stock tubes.
- We use two feet of DH Labs pure silver Teflon dielectric hookup wire.
- WBT silver solder is used throughout the mod.
- We spend 5 hours labor to perform the mod.
- We offer a 90 days parts/labor warranty on the mod.
Sonic changes of our Level-1 mod
- The unit is quieter, the blacks are blacker, thus resolving more low-level detail and ambiance.
- Transparency is much improved and you can now look farther into the soundstage.
- It has a more liquid midrange and the presentation is more neutral from top to bottom.
- There is more inner detail and the unit is more dynamic.
- Images are better sized and defined.
- Stage width and depth are both improved.
- Bass slam and extension are dramatically improved and offer fuller weight and authority. The player now competes with very expensive machines at the frequency extremes.