New Jolida JD-402 tube tuner modification Jolida JD-402 Level-1 mod [$400 retrofit] -
Our Level-1 mod installs
- 4 x small EAR brand compliant Sorbothane isolation feet
- 2 sheets of SoundCoat chassis damping material
- 3 feet of DH Labs 23-gaugepure 99.999% silver signal wirewith foamed Teflon tape-wrap dielectric
- 2 x Auricap signal path metalized polypropylene coupling capacitors
- 3 x Soeln feedback coupling and power supply decoupling metalized polypropylene film capacitors
- 12 x Kiwame brand carbon-film 0.5 and 1-watt signal path resistors
- TRT WonderSolder used throughout
- 3.5 hours labor
Sonic changes of the Jolida JD-707 Level-1 mod:
- The preamp is quieter and the silences are blacker.to resolve more low level detail, ambience retrieval & three-dimensionality.
- Transparency is greatly improved as though a slight veil over the music has been removed.
- The unit is now more dynamic and seems to play louder, with greater dynamic contrasts.
- Imaging is better defined and the soundstage is much larger, wider and deeper.
- Bass is dramatically improved, with fuller weight, authority and more impact like solid state preamps
We also have a Level-2 mod $990 plus freight ($600 retro-fit) that adds the following to the Level-1:
- 1 pair of Mullard CV4024 super 12AT7 tubes; 1 matched pair of Svetlana nickel-plate "winged C" 12AX7 tubes
- 4 x IRF Hexfred soft-recovery ultra-fast diodes
- 6 x Vishay-Telefunken soft recover ultra-fast diodes
- 2 x Blackgate FK and NX Series power supply electrolytic capacitors
- An additional 1.5 hours of labor for a total of 5 hours.
Compared to the Level-1, the Level-2 is more dynamic, has a more liquid midrange and is overall a little better in almost all areas.