The new Shanling CD-T1000SE replaces the original CD-T100 that introduced Shanling to the public. Its beautiful cosmetics are similar to the new CD-T1000SE that we have here. The new machine is an upgrade and offers current state-of-the-art parts over the older design. Sonics are considerably better. The CD-T1000SE is based on the most advanced Philips CD1201 pickup mechanism coupled with a CD-7II servo system. The top-loading pickup assembly is housed in a custom aluminum alloy chassis. Its sturdy, elegant, 4-cylinder support presents tube electronics in a unique and stylish design.
The new player offers 24-bit/192kHz upsampling thru the Burr Brown SRC4193 sample rate converter. Digital to analog conversion is performed by 2 x Burr-Brown PCM1794 chips. These are considered by most to be the best DACs available today. The stock player sounds good and is gorgeous. Our modifications make it a good bit better. The modification was designed by Chris Johnson, the founder and former president of Sonic Frontiers. The modified player is covered by the full factory warranty.
The following details the Level-1 modifications for the Shanling CD-T1000SE CD Player $1,300 + freight retrofit to your player
- Two pair of premium machined Vampire direct gold plated over copper body Teflon-insulated RCA female jacks on the output (replace cheap stamped jack modules).
- 20 BlackGate STD & NX grade power supply and output coupling electrolytic capacitors.
- 14 Riken Ohm ½ and one watt signal path 1% carbon comp. resistors with gold-plated leads.
- 4 Audio-Note Tantalum film 1-watt resistors.
- 4 Auricap metalized polypropylene input coupling and power supply bypass film capacitors.
- 4 Cree silicon carbide Schottky high-voltage diodes
- 4 Telefunken ultra-fast soft recovery Fred rectifying diodes.
- 1 sheet of SoundCoat chassis damping material cut and applied where applicable to control chassis resonances
- 4 pieces of DH LABS 99.999% pure solid-core long-grained silver output signal wires with foamed Teflon tape wrap dielectric.
- WBT high silver content (4%) solder used throughout
- 7 hours total labor
The following details the Level-2 modifications for the Shanling CD-T1000SE CD Player [$2,400 + freight retrofit to your player:
- All of the Level-1 above, plus -
- 2 pair of Goertz solid silver RCA female jacks
- Dexa Technologies 16-Meg D-Clock master clock + dedicated power supply
- 1 pair of New Old Stock Tung-Sol 2C51 vacuum tubes (left side main outputs)
- 1 x 2A, slo-blo, 5x20mm pure silver German-made HiFi Tuning fuse (damped and cryogenically treated as well).
- 3.5 hours of additional installation labor
The unit is quieter. Black are blacker, resolving more low-level detail for better ambiance retrieval. Both the solid-state and tube stages are smoother with a more liquid midrange. The solid-state glare is now gone with a more neutral presentation. Both output stages have more inner detail while at the same time being more dynamic. Transparency is much improved in the tube section and you can now look farther into the soundstage. Images are sized better and more defined. Stage width and depth are both improved. Bass slam and extension are dramatically improved, with fuller weight and authority. The tube output stage sounds more like solid-state in this area and the solid-state stage now competes with megabuck players
The Level-2 upgrade adds additional improvement to the dynamics, low level resolution and transparency. It also increases the soundstage width and depth over the Level-1.