- 27 x upgraded power supply and output coupling capacitors
- 2 x REL-CAP Teflon TFT film and foil coupling caps bypass the main BlackGate output caps
- 12 x 1% polystyrene film and foil capacitors in the analog filter stage
- 52 x Riken Ohm ½ and one watt 1% carbon comp. resistors (gold-plated leads) in the signal path
- 8 x Telefunken SF4007 Ultra-Fast Soft-Recovery Diodes aeplace/rebuild the bridge rectifiers. These are used in the sonically critical power supply positions.
- 1 pair of premium machined direct gold-plated-over-copper-body Teflon insulated RCA female jacks replace the cheap stamped stock modules
- 4 x large EAR brand Sorbothane isolation feet with new mounting hardware
- 2 sheets of SoundCoat chassis damping materialcut & applied where applicable to control chassis resonances
- 1 sheet of ERS suppression cloth to reduce EMI/RFI
- 4 DH LABS 99.999% pure solid-core long-grained silver output signal wires, w/foamed Teflon tape wrap dielectric, on the output jacks
- 1 Acme Audio Labs silver-plated cryogenically treated IEC power inlet replaces the cheap connector of the stock player
- WBT high silver content (4%) solder used throughout
- 9 hours labor
Sonic improvement of the mod
The modified unit is now better in virtually all performance areas. It is a tad warmer and more tubelike. Dynamics are greatly improved. Midbass slam & low bass extension are both better. It has better detail across the board. Imaging specificity is also improved as is front to back depth.