New Jolida JD-707 modification
The JD-707 is a new 40wpc Jolida integrated amp that is sonically extremely close to the low-powered sub-10-watt SET amps. Our mod is a major upgrade and allows users to get the gorgeous midrange and sonic reality that these micro-power amps offer but have enough power to drive most real-world speakers.
Jolida JD-707 Level-1 mod - [$650 retrofit] -
Our Level-1 mod installs:
- 2 x Russian Electro-Harmonix 12AX7and 12AT7to replace the stock Chinese input/driver tubes
- 4 x polypropylene power supply bypass caps
- 6 x Auricap metalized polypropylene coupling capacitors in the signal path
- 22 x Audio Note Tantalum Film 0.5 and 1 watt resistors in the signal path
- 4 x Hexfred ultra-fast soft-recovery high voltage rectifying diodes in the power supply
- 1 x SF4007 Vishay-Telefunken diode to the bias supply
- 4 x Large EAR brand Sorbothane isolation feet
- w x sheets of SoundCoat chassis damping material
- TRT WonderSolder used throughout
- 5 hours labor
Sonic changes of the Jolida JD-707 Level-1 mod:
- The preamp is quieter and the silences are blacker.to resolve more low level detail, ambience retrieval & three-dimensionality.
- Transparency is greatly improved as though a slight veil over the music has been removed.
- The unit is now more dynamic and seems to play louder, with greater dynamic contrasts.
- Imaging is better defined and the soundstage is much larger, wider and deeper.
- Bass is dramatically improved, with fuller weight, authority and more impact like solid state preamps