The Jolida JD-1000RC is an upgrade from the older basic JD-1000a. It adds a beautiful new look with a large window in front. In addition, the RC model has remote control as well as a preamp/sub outs, upgraded parts quality and a tape out. It also adds Simple Bias. This new bias system can be done without a meter in under a minute. It is better than auto bias as it does not limit power. Home Theater bypass is an option.
The 1000RC uses four EL-34 output tubes per channel for 100 watts per channel of big tube power. The stock amp is a real deal at its $2700 price. Our Level-2 mod makes this amp a killer. It is now competitive with all comers under $5000. If you have been looking at tubes but thought that you could not find a great high-powered answer for your budget, look no further. The stock JD-1000RC is a good performer but the modified unit is a giant killer.
This mod is fully covered by the 2-year Jolida factory warranty. The mod was designed by Chris Johnson, founder and former president of Sonic Frontiers.
The following describes the JD-1000RC Level-2 mod [$1000 retrofit + freight; $3,190 for pre-modified new units + freight]:
- Replacement of the stock"Chinese Jolida input/driver tubes with Russian ELECTRO-HARMONIX 12AX7 (2) and 12AT7 (2)
- 4 x Polypropylene power supply bypass caps in the power supply
- 8 x MULTICAP PPFXS signal path polypropylene film and tin foil coupling capacitors
- 5 x AURICAP metallized polypropylene power supply bypass capacitors
- 36 x Japanese Riken ½ and one watt signal path carbon resistors with gold-plated leads
- 6 feet of Cardas 1x21.5 awg w/shield co-axial input signal wire
- 4 x Hexfred ultra-fast soft-recovery high voltage rectifying diodes in the power supply
- 4 x large EAR brand Sorbothane isolation fee
- 2 x sheets of SoundCoat chassis damping material cut and applied where applicable
- 1 x SF4007 Vishay-Telefunken diode added to the bias supply for stability
- TRT WonderSolder used throughout
- 7 hours labor
- 1 year warranty on modification for retrofits
- 2 years on all pre-modified units
- We can ship these in 240 volts for worldwide use.
Sonic changes of the Level-2 mod: The unit is quieter, the silences are blacker, thus resolving more low level detail, ambience and three dimensionality.
It is much more detailed while also more dynamic. It seems to play louder while keeping that beautiful EL-34 midrange liquidity.
Tonal balance is more eve.from lows to highs in addition to the amazingly liquid midrange of the stock machine.
Imaging is better and more defined while bass is dramatically improved. It has full weight and authority, not flubby "one note" bass. It sounds much more like solid-state in this area
Mini mod for the JD-1000RC Integrated Amplifier
Our Mini Mod is part of the top of the line Level-2 mod. It was designed by Chris Johnson, the founder and former president of Sonic Frontiers. It can be upgraded to full Level-2 in the future for only $550 + frt. Jolida honors the 2-year factory warranty on our modified amps.
The following details the Mini modification for the Jolida JD-1000RC Integrated Amplifier [$690 retrofit + freight, $2,690 premodified new units + freight]:
- 4 x Polypropylene power supply bypass caps installed in the power supply
- 8 x MULTICAP PPFXS polypropylene film and tin foil coupling capacitors are added in the signal path
- 5 x AURICAP metallized polypropylene power supply bypass capacitors are added
- 36 x Japanese RIKEN ½ and one watt "signal path" carbon resistors w/gold-plated leads are added.
- TRT WonderSolder used throughout k) 3.5 hours labor
Sonic changes of Mini modification
The modded amp is 60% of our Level-2 mod and will outperform any hi-power integrated that we have heard for under $3,500. It is more harmonically correct than most solid-state amps at any price.
Quieter.... the silences are blacker, thus resolving more low level detail, ambience and three dimensionality. It is more detailed while also more dynamic. It seems to play louder.
Tonal balance is more even from lows to high .in addition to the amazingly liquid midrange of the stock machine.
Imaging is crisper and more defined while bass is dramatically improved. Better weight and authority, not flubby "one note" bass. Sounds more like solid-state in this area. With 100 big tube watts and 150 watts at 1KHz, the modified JD-1000RC will drive almost any speaker. It uses less than 5dB of feedback and sounds great with a big 3D soundstage. Compare it to the $4000 amps from CJ, ARC and others that only put out 45-50 watts and you will understand its value at double the power and half their price.