JD1000A Level-1 mod - ($850 + freight retro-fit to your unit)
- Our Level-1 mod installs
- four large EAR brand sorbothane isolation feet
- two sheets of SoundCoat
- Russian Electro-Harmonix 12AX7 (2) and 12AT7 (2)
- 4 x polypropylene power supply bypass caps
- 8 x Multicap PPFXS "signal path" polypropylene film and tin-foil coupling capacitors
- 5 x Auricap metallized polypropylene power supply bypass capacitors
- 36 x Japanese Riken 0.5 and 1- watt signal path carbon resistors with gold-plated leads
- 6' Cardas 1x21.5 awg w/shield c-axial input signal wire
- 4 x Hexfred ultra-fast, soft-recovery, high voltage power supply rectifier diodes
- 1 x SF4007 Vishay-Telefunken bias supply diode
- TRT silver WonderSolder used throughout.
- Jolida's 18-month factory warranty extends to our modified amps. Click here for stock specs.
Sonic benefits of our Level-1 mod:
- Greatly improved signal-to-noise ratio. The silences are blacker for enhanced low level detail, ambience retrieval & three-dimensionality.
- The amp is smoother, more detailed and more dynamic. It seems to play louder.
- Tonal balance is more even from bass through treble, with further gains in the amazingly liquid midrange of the stock machine.
- Imaging is crisper and more defined while the bass quality is dramatically improved, gaining weight and authority whlle transcending "one note" bass. to sound more like solid-state in this area