See the new video review on the KC II Pro at:
(The Pro is the updated higher end KCII)
Pure Analog Controlled Directivity Open Baffle Loudspeaker
At the introduction at the Newport Beach Show Robert Harley of The Absolute Sound said:
Perhaps the best overall value at the show was the Emerald Physics KCII open-baffle loudspeaker system ($2499) driven by the company’s EP100.2SE hybrid power amplifier. The whole system was priced at just under $6k at retail, but offered at $3799. This system put many five-figure systems to shame.
Read it at: http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/the-show-newport/
At the same show Paul Seydor from TAS said:
Best Sound (for the money): Emerald Physics KCII speaker system ($2495/pr.) driven by Emerald’s EP100.2SE amplifier and Anti-Mode’s Dual 2.0 as preamp playing CDs from a modest Marantz player. This demo featured among the most involving overall sound that I heard at the show.
In the first review in Audiophilia they summed with:
"The trickle down technology from the top Emeralds like the EP-2.8s to the new KCII is very effective. You'll get both very sweet and dynamic sound, transparency, a beautifully balanced midrange and a solid low end all for a very reasonable price. Very highly recommended."
"It is with great pleasure that we award the Audiophilia Star Component Award to the Emerald Physics KC II Open Baffle Speaker. Congratulations! Ed "
Read the entire review at: http://www.audiophilia.com/reviews/2016/3/19/emerald-physics-kc-ii-open-baffle-speaker
Part Time Audiophile said from the RMAF show:
Current version with rounded tops in optional black gloss
Single Amp drive - Does not require bi-amplification, although it can be bi-amped or tri-amped for even better performance. And they are amazing with our DSP electronic crossover and a powered subwoofer
- 2 New Emerald Physics EP10 woofers
- 8” Emerald Physics "Godzilla" midrange with 1" Emerald coincident (screw in) point source Tweeter
- World Class sonic performance in a compact and easy to place package
- Incredible imaging and soundstage reproduction.
- Open Baffle Bass speed and articulation.
- Works well in small rooms as close as 2 feet from the rear wall.
Hand painted High Gloss Black is available at $1200.00 a pair
Available in our Gorgeous Hand Painter 3D Cocobolo or Rosewood for $2000.00
- System Type: Passive 3-way / 4-driver Dynamic Dipole
- Frequency Range: 46Hz–22kHz +/-3dB typical in-room response from target curve,
- 35Hz with optional BOM (Bass Optimimation Module) adjustable 4-pole Linkwitz Transform Function analog EQ
- Frequency Linearity: +/- 0.50 dB from 100Hz-20KHz from target curve
- Impedance: 6 Ohms nominal, 4 ohms minimum
- Recommended power: 25-200 watt amps
- Max Power input: 150W RMS, 300W program
- Sensitivity: 94dB 2.83V @ 1M @ 1kHz
- Emerald Physics Screw-In 1 inch exit Titanium compression Tweeter
- Emerald Physics Godzilla 8” Mid-Woofer/Midrange
- 2 Emerald Physics 10” paper cone Woofers w/ Dual Pleated Surrounds
- Crossover: Aperture Bass Propagation Loading – Mechanical at 300Hz + 2nd order acoustic @300 Hz for the woofer, 4th order acoustic @1250Hz for the tweeter
- Dimensions: 41.25"H including base x 19.25"W at the base (18.25" W without the base)(12 7/8" W at the top) x 7.5"D to back of midrange/tweeter x 13 1/8" D including the base from front to rear at the bottom The panel is 2" deep
- Weight: Net: 65lbs each, Shipping at 75lbs each of 2 boxes
- All specifications and pricing subject to change