Explore Quad Electroacoustic
As of April, 2015 Quad has a new US distributor and we are glad to again be able to get their products. Quad Electroacoustics is one of the oldest audio firms extant and the maker of the famed Quad ESL electrostat, by many considered to be the finest speaker ever made. Quad also makes phenomenal electronics and more conventional speakers. Classic Quad electronics like the early tube amplifiers demand top prices in collector's circles while the Quad "tilt" tone controls are still considered the best ever made. The current crop of products proudly stands on this legacy while incorporating the modern features and styling today's connoisseur demands.
For more information, visit the manufacturer's site.
Shown in Red Sapele Mahogany
The 23L is a 3 driver 3 way column with 6.5" auxillary bass radiator on the bottom. They are biwire capable with a built in base.
List price $2700.00 a pair
Sale $899.00 in Red Sapele.
$1595.00 In stock
The VA-One is a full tubed 15wpc integrated amp with DAC and headphone amp. It is built around two pairs of EL-84 tubes. It has a high quality headphone amp. The DAC features a coaxial, optical and a USB input. There is also an analog input as well as AptX connectivity. It is perfect for small room systems as well as desktop audio.
|General description||Integrated amplifier|
|Rated power output||2 x 15W RMS (6Ω) 2 x 12W RMS (8Ω / 4Ω)|
|Frequency Response||20Hz - 50kHz (-3dB)|
|Total harmonic distortion||0.50%|
|Signal-to-noise ration (S/N)||90dB|
|Inputs||1 x RCA, 1 x OPT, 1 x COAX, 1 x USB B, Bluetooth (aptX)|
|Outputs||1 x Speaker Terminal,1 x 6.3mm Jack Headpone|
|Valves||1 x ECC83, 2 x ECC82, 4 x EL84EH|
This compact yet potent power amp sports the latest iteration of Quad’s famous Current Dumping topology, first introduced in the Quad 405 – one of the most lauded British audio components of all time and still the only amp design to have earned a Queen’s Award for Technological Achievement.Current Dumping is essentially a method of marrying Class A amplification with the greater efficiency of Class AB. A high-quality, low-power Class A amplifier provides the signal quality, while a high-power current dumping section delivers the muscle to keep the speakers under control. These two amp circuits are combined via a network to impose the finesse of the Class A output onto the power of the current dumper.
|General Description||CD Player & DAC|
|D/A Converter||ESS ES9018 32bit DAC|
|Output Level (1kHz)||0 - 2.5 Vrms (PRE Outputs)
0 - 5 Vrms (Balanced Outputs)
|L/R Channel Difference||±0.02dB (1kHz)|
|Frequency Response||-0.2dB (20Hz-20kHz, 1kHz)|
|Total Harmonic Distortion||<0.001% (20Hz-20kHz)|
|Signal to Noise Ratio (S/N)||>110dB (1kHz)
>118dB (Weighted, 1kHz)
|Channel Separation||>100dB (1kHz)|
|USB Input||1 × USB (Support HID)|
|USB Input Sampling Rates||44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz, 384kHz|
|USB DSD||DSD64, DSD128, DSD256|
|Digital Audio Inputs||2 × Optical TOSlink
2 × RCA (DIG1, DIG2)
|Digital Audio Outputs||1 × Optical TOSlink
1 ×RCA (DIG)
|Digital Inputs & outputs Sampling Rates||44.1 - 192kHz|
|Analogue Inputs||2 × RCA(AUX1, AUX2)|
|Analogue Outputs||2 x XLR, RCA (PRE)|
|Dimension (W x D x H)||320 x 320 x 105mm|
S5 in Sapele Maple
The new Quad S speakers use a new Ribbon tweeter with beautiful gloss acbinets. Sonics are excellent.
S1 4" two way with ribbon tweeter $1199.00/pr Sale $699.00/Pr
S2 5" two way with ribbon tweeter $1399.00/pr Sale $999.00/Pr
S4 Column w/dual 5" woofs, 4" mid & ribbon tweeter. 3 ABR radiators on rear. $2199.00/pr Sale $1699.
S5 Column w/dual 6.5" woofers, 5" midrange & ribbon tweeter. 3 radiators on rear. $2699.00/pr Sale $2199
S center Dual midrange/woofers and ribbon tweeter $749.00
All above available in Black oak or Sapele maple finishes
"... may be the biggest bargain in floor standers.."
"... (the S5) delivers so much speaker for ($2,699) - that were we living in different times - they would have caused a revolution."
Ken Kessler, HiFi News & Record Review
"Quad has definitely hit the mark with the S2s. They have a smooth, vibrant sound that is refreshingly uncoloured and never less than engaging."
"lntegrating a ribbon with a traditional cone mid/bass is not the easiest of tasks... but the S2 seems to have got it just right."
Z1 6" two way with new extended ribbon tweeter $1999.00/pr
Z2 7" two way with new extended ribbon tweeter $2499.00/pr
Z3 Column w/dual 7" woofers, 6" mid & new extended ribbon tweeter. $4199.00/pr
Z4 Column w/three 7" woofers, 6" midrange & new extended ribbon tweeter. $4999.00/pr
All above available in Black piano, White piano or Rosewood piano finishes
Vena Remote Integrated amp w/DAC
- Vena Integrated amp w/DAC & Aptx Bluetooth $899 in Metal grey, $999 in Black, White, Sapele Mahogany wood
- 9AS Active desktop speakers with USB DAC in black, white or Red Ruby $999/pr
- 11L Classic Signature- 5" 2 way Monitor $599/pr in Sapele Mahogany & $799/pr Piano black or Sapele Mahogany
- 12L Classic Signature- 6.5" 2 way Monitor in Sapele Mahogany $899/pr $1099/pr in Piano Mahogany or black
- S-1 2 way monitor w/4" Kevlar woofer and ribbon tweeter- $1199/pr in Sapele Mahogany or black Oak
- S-2 2 way monitor w/5" Kevlar woofer and ribbon tweeter- $1399/pr in Sapele Mahogany or black Oak
- S-4 3 way Floorstanding speaker w/5" Kevlar woofer and ribbon tweeter- $2199/pr in Sapele Mahogany or black Oak
- S-5 3 way Floorstanding speaker w/6.55" Kevlar woofer & ribbon tweeter- $2699/pr in Sapele Mahogany/black Oak
- S-C1 Center w/4" Kevlar woofer and ribbon tweeter- $899/ea in Sapele Mahogany or black Oak
- LF-66 Dual 6.5" Dynamic Drive Balanced 200 watt (450 watt peaks) subwoofer. 110DB peaks, in hi-gloss black $799
- LF-88 Dual 8" Dynamic Drive Balanced 350 watt (650 watt peaks) subwoofer. 115Db peaks, in Piano black $1199
- LF-102 Dual 10" Dynamic Drive Balanced 500 watt (780 watt peaks) subwoofer. 118Db peaks, in Piano black $1499
- QC-24 tube preamp $1199/$1,790 modified
- Quad II Classic- 25wpc Class A integrated tube amp w/MM/MC phono stage in Lancaster Grey ($4999)
- Quad II-40- 40 watt/ch mono tube power amplifiers in Lancaster Grey ($2499/ea.)
- Quad II Classic- 15 watt Class A mono amplifiers in Lancaster Grey $3499/pr
- Quad II-80- 80 watt mono tube amps in Lancaster Grey ($8999/pr.)
- QC-24P tube MC/MM phono stage designed by Tim DeParavicini ($1,599)
- PA-One- Tube headphone amplifier/preamplifier with built in DAC, RCA & XLR ins. Lancaster Grey $1,799
- ESL-2812 4 panel 42" high electrostatic speakers legendary Black $11,999/pr
- ESL-2912 6 panel 58" high top of the line electrostatic speakers Black $13,999/pr