Peachtree Audio is a young company founded by Signal Path, the ex US importer of Musical Fidelity. The founders have over 150 years of combined industry experience. Peachtree is dedicated to offering hi-value/hi-performance audio products at prices that are more far affordable than their hi-end competition. Hi-end performance at mainstream prices. All their products have received excellent reviews. The Nova was Stereophile Budget Component of the Year and the iDAC was Stereophile Class A rated in the Oct 2011 issue. The iNova got a Blue Moon Award on 6moons. Peachtree is a leader in computer audio and already on their 4th generation of products while other companies are just starting to learn what it takes to make computers sound great for hi-end audio. The new Decco 65 and Nova 125 are class leaders and offer unsurpassed value.
GRAND Integrated X1
$2999.00 for B-Stock unit) is Peachtree’s first no-holds-barred 400wpc integrated amp. The reviews have all been exceptional. It houses four custom matched components in one box, saving you space without compromise. In this one chassis you’ll find a high-resolution DAC with 24/192 asynchronous USB input, the $3300 Grand Pre hybrid tube preamplifier, a 400wpc high efficiency amplifier (650 watts into 4 ohms) and a state of the art headphone amp. It’s so simple to use, anyone can enjoy great sound at the push of a button and the turn of a knob. The reasons it sounds so good? Preamp and amp synergy was the goal from the start. The 400wpc new Class D X-series ICEpower amplifier was voiced to work in perfect harmony and highlight the sonic signature of the Grand Pre. The X-Series amplifiers are the newest B&O modules and their best sonically. In combinations with the Grand Preamp they create a sound that is nothing short of awesome. The added ability to drive the most demanding speakers makes the Grand Integrated an easy choice for the discerning music lover who demands the dynamic range and SPL that only big power can deliver.
- AC power cord attachment & fuse: detachable.
- standby switch: turns mains on and off.
- 12V trigger: Turns on other 2-12V connected devices.
- Digital filter slope: user selectable DAC filter slopes. Sharp measures better but slow is generally preferred sonically.
- BNC digital input: Professional 75ohm digital connection.
- Coaxial digital input 1 & 2: Common on CD players, Sonos players, Slim Devices Squeezebox and a host of other digital audio sources.
- Optical digital inputs 1 & 2: Common on CD players, cable boxes, Apple products and other digital audio sources.
- Home theater bypass switch: HT bypass mode allows the user to integrate the Grand Integrated into a Home Theater setup by making Aux 1 a throughput for the surround processor.
- Aux/HT input & Aux 2 analog input: Line-level input suitable for tuners, phono stages, tape decks,etc.
- Voltage switching: For international use.
- USB digital input: Takes digital audio content off your computer and sends it to the Sabre DAC via I2S configuration.
- Line out: Fixed output to use the Grand Integrated as remote switching DAC into another preamp.
- High-pass pre out: Operates full frequency when the high pass switch isn’t activated. When the switch is activated, it outputs at 80Hz and above with a 12dB/octave slope.
- Pre-out: Allow you to use an external amp with the Grand Integrated and also provide connections for a subwoofer.
- Speaker binding posts: Left and right speaker terminals.
- 400 watts per channel 8 ohms 20Hz-20kHz
- 650 watts per channel 4 ohms 20Hz-20kHz
- Fixed line-level RCA stereo output: 2V rms, 448 ohms
- Variable RCA stereo output: 8V rms /11.2V peak, 448 ohms
- S/N at the variable analog output 104dB
- Jitter measured at the master clock < 3.0ps
- Power supply: 69,000uf of filtering for the preamplifier stage
- CH/CH tracking: 0.025dB
- Stereo separation: 96dB
- Defeatable 80Hz high-pass output
- Selectable Home Theater Bypass input
- Independent discrete outputs
- Dimensions: 4.8 x 17.5 x 16.5 (inches) Including feet, knob, and connectors
- Weight: 28 lbs
- Warranty: 3 years parts and labor 6 mo. tubes
- Design and final assembly in U.S.A.
24.192K Asynchronous USB for your computer, optical and coaxial for any other type of streamer or CD/DVD player. All three inputs take advantage of the high-resolution ESS Sabre 9023 DAC chip and Peachtree exclusive hot-rodded analog output section. This eliminates the need for expensive sound cards and effectively replaces the weak analog output section built in to streaming devices. For a little added convenience, a remote control with discreet input selection is included with the DACiT. Unlike CD transports, computers and streaming devices tend to present a rather harsh musical environment with a unique set of challenges. The Peachtree DACit is specifically designed for this environment and is optimized to handle these challenges.
- The Asynchronous 24.192k USB DAC is galvanically isolated, which is necessary when dealing with electrical noise generated by a computer's USB output. Elimination of this noise via USB is among the most important reasons that the USB section performs so well.
- Reclocks any digital signal to less than 3 picoseconds of jitter (digital timing errors). This is super low jitter and can be 1000 times lower than a typical computer and 100 times less than many CD players.
- The DACiT's USB input accepts data up to 24/96 to handle high-resolution audio downloads.
- Streaming devices can be attached to the DACiT via optical or coax which is also transformer coupled to prevent superfluous noise from entering the signal path. The DACiT thinks they are all high-end CD players. So if you have an Apple TV, Sonos or other streamer that you want to hook up to your existing system, the DACiT is your ticket to performance.
- Inputs: 1 x 24.192k Asynchronous USB, 1 x coax, 1 x optical
- Outputs: 1 x L&R RCA
- DAC: ESS Sabre 9023
- Output: 2v
- Output impedance: 200 ohms
- Ground isolation: Transformer coupled inputs
- USB isolation: Galvanic
- Power supply: External 100-240v, 50-60Hz, 9V-1A
- Jitter at master clock: < 3pocoseconds
- Power consumption: 1w
- Chassis and housing: All metal
- Remote control: Included
- Dimensions HWD: 2 ½” x 6 ½” x 6 ½"
The March 2013 Stereophile review had the following quores:
"My first impression of the Peachtree decco65: Someone with a good ear has voiced the amplifier""This is seriously good, seriously listenable digital sound, wedded to an amplifier that comes closer than most to being the electronic equivalent of a Mini Cooper. It's nearly impossible to use without smiling."
In Digital Trands magazine they said:
"In an increasingly digital age, the Peachtree decco65 manages to bring an aging audio component into a modern era and make it more relevant than ever."
"...it looks gorgeous and, most importantly, it sounds gorgeous playing back everything from crappy 128k MP3’s downloaded from Napster in 1998, to advanced, high-res FLAC files from sites like HDtracks."
“This is it…this is the kind of sound some people spend tons of money and their entire lives seeking to achieve. Yet, here it is, right in front of us, coming from a $2,800 system
Read the entire review at:
Our modified version takes the Niva 125 to the next level & competes with products at up to $3,000.00
Nova Preamp/DAC- Buy with the 220 amp for only $1699.00
On sale now for $799.00 in black
220 in Cherry
On Sale now for $999.00 in black
On Sale now for $999.00 in black
Peachtree 220 (From $1399) is a hi-quality 220wpc power amplifier that uses the new series X amp modules from ICEpower. The X series has the best high-frequency response we have heard from a digital amp. The input stage is a custom Peachtree buffered design to make it easy to work with all preamps both tube and solid state. Low impedance loads are no problem for this amp as it puts out over 400 watts into 4 ohms. Good-looking cosmetics round this amp off with black lacquer, rosewood or cherry cabinets available. Rosewood & Cherry are $1499. A 2-year warranty is included.
Deepblue is an all in one box music system that is receiving amazing press. It will blow you away at only $399.00.
Computer Audiophile summed up their review with:
"Peachtree Audio's deepblue music system will impress all but the most jaded audiophiles. deepblue may not be for everyone, just 99.9% of us who enjoy music that sounds good for a good price. Peachtree's use of DSP to compliment it's amplifier and driver design has elevated deepblue beyond the competition in this crowded market. It's the best small table top type of audio device I've heard to date. deepblue also reminds me of the popular water cooler question, "what stereo should I buy?" The answer to this question is the best stereo one can buy is the stereo he listens to most. deepblue won't force people to listen to more music but at least it sets people up for success if listening to more music is their goal. When the ambassador speaks everyone listens, or can't stop listening. deepblue = CASH List = No Brainer."
Read the entire review at:
Deepblue is a ground-up design. The somewhat visible elements, behind the speaker grill, are what most people will immediately see. Deepblue's 6.5" long excursion bass driver is complemented by two 3" inverted aluminum cone mid-range drivers and two 1" soft dome tweeters with ¾” voice coils. Deepblue supplies 240 watts of power to the drivers in this active design with the help of a very substantial power supply.
The element of deepblue that people don't see, even though it can make or break a component's sound quality, is the Digital Signal Processor (DSP). Peachtree's DSP engineers worked their magic on deepblue and it really shows (sounds). Deepblue features Proprietary Volume Equalization that adjusts the frequency response automatically to provide the best sound quality when listening at low levels. On the opposite end deepblue employs digital compressors to prevent the amplifiers from clipping and producing audible distortion through the speakers at high volume. Peachtree took the Apple approach by making a few decisions for the end users and preventing them from having a less than desirable experience with the product.
Great for the bedroom and amazing as a simple single box audio system for your large TV